Pages

Saturday 2 February 2013

Career Fair Swag

Now that I am no longer interning, and am back in University classes (snore) my wardrobe isn't blogable. But alas, there was career fair day where I tried to sell myself to potential employers.

Like any girl who loves clothes, I spent the morning trying on all kinds of outfits. Career fairs are awkward...it's not exactly job interview wardrobe, but casual is not acceptable either. I have been told to wear a suit to my first interview...more on that nonsense later.

So naturally I texted pictures of myself to my sister in my top outfit choices. First I tried this one


Blazer - Zara, thrifted similar. Blouse - the Bay, here is a list of a bagillion leopard blouses. Pants - Bryans. Turquoise bracelet and earrings - Silpada earrings found here, bracelet/necklace found here. Watch - Tommy Hilfiger similar.

I really love this outfit. The touch of animal print releases my inner lioness...errr leopardess? Anyway, I felt the blazer made me too formal for this such event. I need to work on my confidence because as I look at this pic I am loving it. I accessorized this outfit with turquoise (christmas present from Trav) and of course, a watch.

Here is the outfit I actually wore




Any Saskatoonians will recognize the artwork behind me, courtesy of Sailor Dan!

This banging necklace is courtesy of my sister, from Charlotte Russe found here this is the jade one, which I also have. Be careful ordering any accessories, this necklace was only $13 so naturally we ordered every colour. Problem, all of them were broken in some way. Good thing we are practically mechanics. The red shirt comes from Reitmans and it has adorable buttons all down the back, found here Bonus, it's on sale! I also bought this shirt in turquoise. Black cardigan is from Jacob quite a few years ago, I don't think anyone needs help finding a black cardigan... Same turquoise bracelet and same watch as previous outfit.

Here is me with Sherman after rocking the career fair! Hopefully my charm turns in to a job this fall, fingers crossed!

How cute is he?
Until next time, stay classy San Diego...errr Saskatchewan.

Joc

4 comments:

  1. No problem! Thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such good style, and I'm sure your charisma landed you a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfits. I love the pop of red color.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete