Pages

Monday 29 October 2012

Internship eh...

I have been interning for 61 days, and have 53 days left...but who's counting?

The experience has been wonderful of course, but 10 year olds do begin to wear on you. For my fellow interns, you will understand my need for sarcasm at this particular point in my education career. I am nearing the end of my official "teacher test" as I am only full time teaching for another few weeks. The break from the University classroom was much needed. I swear to god if someone mentions pedagogy one more time I will punch them in the face. But seriously, does anyone feel they benefited more from their time at the University opposed to time spent in an actual classroom? But I digress, because this argument could go on for days.

I am teaching in a grade 5 classroom, in Saskatoon. I love bringing rural knowledge in to my classroom as I was born and raised a ranch girl. Stay tuned for my "Thank a Farmer" lesson plan.

I plan on sharing with you my views on teacher appropriate (no cleavage) fashion, interesting lesson plans and a little humor to bring us teachers back to our place of sanity.

Until next time I leave you with this:

2 comments:

  1. Jocelyn, I for one loved your sarcasm - you said it well!!! And might I add that you look absolutely beautiful in your "teacher-appropriate" profile picture! The profession sure seems to agree with you! Miss you tons - hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erica! Miss you as well. I know the profession looks good on you, thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete