Pages

Monday 29 October 2012

Teacher clothes

What I think of when someone says they are wearing their best "teacher outfit"

I'm sorry whoever you are, but this is terrible

There is absolutely no reason why teachers cannot be fashionable! To be fair, most of the teachers I see and interact with dress well (not like Mrs. Frump above). The problem we run in to is making each outfit appropriate. I am large (understatement) in the chest area, but I have become somewhat of a master of disguise. No frumpy sweaters for this girl! 

Here are my key fashion tips:

-No low cut anything! It looks trashy and when you bend over and students can see you tatas

-If you are wearing flare bottoms, don't wear a billowing blouse. You look enormous

-Accessorize with a watch. It is function-able and adorable. Add bracelets for an "arm party" if you wish. I wear long necklaces rarely, they always seem to be in the way or getting caught on students' desks. So jazz up the wrists! 

-Black skinny legged pants are your best friend. Wear them with boots, flats, loafers, anything really. I love these from Charlotte Russe because they are affordable and very comfortable. I got a pair from Bryans, but they do not have a website (lame!) Winners is always a good option as well

-Wear boots in the fall, winter, and spring. Riding boots look good with everything, and add a touch of class. I love these and these and these and these. Did I mention I love boots? Wedges are comfortable and dressy, so don't tell me you can't walk in heels. It's a wedge! Suck it up.

-Wear boyfriend style blazers. I have a few "work" blazers that make me look like a british man. Not really, but they are a little too dressy for everyday. Most of my blazers and thrifted because I am cheap. You can buy fashionable gently used clothing at Platos closet. This place will change your life! If you life in Saskatoon click here for their website. 

-Wear scarves. If you know me, you have seen my deep secret stash of well over 35 scarves. Ya, I am definitely obsessed. I buy most of them at Smart-Set because they are ALWAYS on sale. My last 5 scarves are from there, each costing around $5. 

So here is what I wore today. 

Teacher appropriate full frontal with my most favorite item of clothing - black pants!

These bad boys have Quad Comfort. Originally from Marks Work Wear House (ya, they have cute stuff) for $170. Bought them used at Platos closet for $55. Winning! 

Orange blazer - thrifted. Leopard scarf - Reitmans, not on their website anymore but leopard is everywhere this season. White extra long t-shirt - Smart-Set ($4). Watch - Tommy Hilfiger. 

I think I might do this fashion post every Monday! Remember friends, stay fashionable not frumpy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment